Virtual Cooking Event
Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
Watch an amazing storyteller, Dijana as she makes an amazing Vegan Butternut Squash Soup for her family. We will also be blessed with amazing information about why spices are important, tricks to cooking, and her African American Culture.
Two bags of prepared butternut squash (usually looks like little cubes)
● One red or orange sweet potato (peeled)
● 2 sliced shallots
● 1 sliced large apple (peeled) or two small apples. Doesn’t matter the color
● 1 Tablespoon each (all ground) cardamom; cinnamon, cumin, paprika, ground ginger
● Approximately 1 cup of vegetable or chicken broth. It’s totally okay to make it from bouillon cubes or powder. Add more broth depending on your soup thickness preference.
● 1 can of coconut milk or 8oz of heavy cream
● Blender (or a strong hand and spoon)