· Upcoming Events September 16th: PTA Popsicles and Play 6pm
· September 21st: Late Start Wednesdays begin (9:15am)
· September 22nd: PTA Membership Meeting 6pm at Mod Pizza (and virtual - link below) / MOD Pizza takeover all day (use code MODF9073)
· October 14th: No School (Staff Professional Development Day)
· October 24th-28th: Conference Week 12:15pm Early Release
Principal’s Message Thank you for attending our Back to School Night on Tuesday! It was wonderful seeing so many of you. Teachers have sent out their presentations for families that weren’t able to attend. If you haven’t seen it yet, please contact your child’s teacher. I’ve included a review of our student illness protocol below to hopefully provide some clarification during this very “gray” phase of the pandemic. Thank you for keeping sick children home. This helps stop the spread of not only Covid but also general colds we start seeing this time of year. Warmly, Mrs. Gann
● Lost and Found: We are beginning to collect lost and found items. The lost and found is located in the cafeteria so all students have easy access to find their missing items. Please help by writing your child’s name in their coat, on their lunch box, water bottle, etc. so we can easily return items to them.
● Student Illness: Please review the COVID19 Prevention and Response in UPSD plan on our district website. Covid19 Prevention and Response in UPSD - University Place School District (upsd83.org) Students showing symptoms at school will be referred to the health room and the nurse may determine that the student needs to go home. Thank you for your cooperation as we help keep students safe by staying home when sick. This infographic also explains what to do if your child displays any symptoms. 8.16.22 Covid Symptom Flowchart.pdf - Google Drive You may always call and speak with our nurse if you have questions.
Chambers Primary PTA
Thank you all for participating in our first fundraising event at Bliss Ice Cream. It was fun having the students play in the courtyard while Champs danced around. Our next two events are Popsicles and Play today at 6:00pm on the Chambers Playground. This is a casual get together where kids play and adults mingle. Popsicles will be provided by the PTA.
September 22nd is a combined MOD Pizza Takeover and our first general membership PTA meeting of the 2022-2023 academic year. The meeting is on September 22nd, from 6 to 7pm, and will be held at MOD pizza (3626 Market Place by the library). It is also possible to attend this meeting virtually (Video call link: https://meet.google.com/ynj-yeaq-kex Or dial: (US) +1 318-431-0409 PIN: 640 107 023#) We will present the PTA plan for the year, you can meet the board, and you can learn ways to volunteer. Mrs. Gann will present on the other school related volunteer opportunities at Chambers this year. This meeting will be held on the same day as our MOD Pizza Takeover Fundraiser. We get to eat, raise funds, and learn about the Chambers PTA all in one shot! The MOD Pizza fundraiser works for take-out, too (use code MODF9073 when you order). A portion of all purchases at MOD Pizza on September 22 are donated to Chambers Primary PTA. Everyone is invited to attend the meeting even if you don't get pizza. However only PTA members can participate and vote on the budget and standing rule changes. If you want to become a PTA member before the meeting, please sign up here:Packet View (memberplanet.com)