November 21st & 28th, 2022 Principal Newsletter
November 19: PTA Popsicles and Play 10am
November 22: Spirit Day: Apple Cup/College Gear / PTA Mod Pizza Takeover (all day - Code MODF8867)
November 23-25: No School for Thanksgiving
November 29: Believe Kids (PTA Fundraiser) Delivery of Purchases (3:00-7:00pm) / PTA Science Fair Club 2:40-3:40pm
November 30: Late Start Wednesday 9:15am / Picture Retake Day
December 11: PTA Virtual Cooking Class
Click here to see our spirit days throughout the school year
It was a wonderful week at Chambers and every day I am so thankful for the opportunity to work with your children. They are so kind, polite and willing to face challenges so they can achieve high levels of learning. Thank you for all you do to support our work with them. I hope you are able to enjoy some extra family time together during Thanksgiving Break next week. Thank you to PTA and all the volunteers that helped make Popcorn Day today a huge success! Students were so happy to have this treat at recess.
Warmly, Mrs. Gann
Picture retakes are on Wednesday, 11/30. Order forms are available in the office if needed.
Assistant Principal’s Message Hello Chambers Families!
As we head into this “Thankful Season,” I want to express my sincere gratitude for your partnership and the opportunity to serve the University Place community. Chambers is an exceptional school with a fantastic staff and a community that genuinely cares. I am thankful to be working in this community. I am fortunate to have the best job working with your children daily! Thank you for being so supportive, and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving break.
Attendance Update: We will continue to focus on attendance at Chambers because we know there is a direct connection between academic success and student attendance. Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school—and themselves.
Monday, November 28 kicks off the start of our “Don’t be Tardy” challenge. To work on celebrating students here at school on time, ready to learn every day, we are working on a way to honor those students! Teachers will be handing out raffle tickets for students showing the expected behavior of being at school in their seats by 8:15, ready to learn. Every Friday between now and the winter break, we will draw raffle tickets for each grade level and have those students come to the office to select a reward! Make sure you are here, on time, and ready to learn in your seat by 8:15 each morning (9:15 on late start Wednesdays!
If your student is experiencing illness symptoms, please keep them at home to reduce the spread of the illness. I understand, as a parent, it is a constant battle between battling sickness and ensuring your student is at school. So, please, communicate with us, and we can partner to find the best option for your child and ensure they stay caught up in their school work. If your student is absent, please get in touch with Ashley Callier, our attendance secretary, at (253) 566-5650.
If you need support with attendance or tardiness, please get in touch with me so we can collaborate on a solution. Have a wonderful weekend, and thank you for another week of partnering together to ensure all students are successful!
Chambers Primary PTA
Donation opportunity: We are moving into snot season and the school could use tissue boxes across the board. You can donate to the office or directly to your child’s teacher.
● Popsicle and Play: November 19th at 10am located at Chambers Primary on the playground. The weather is starting to get chilly but come hang out for a few minutes (or even longer) and meet other families that have kids that attend Chambers. This is a great time to talk with members from the PTA, about things that are going well this school year and any struggles your child may be having. Our job is to speak on behalf of your child and advocate for them, so they are getting the most out of school.
● Get Pizza on Tuesday @Mod: Don’t want to cook on the last day of school next week…get some pizza and a portion of the purchase go to Chambers Primary PTA. Our last fall fundraiser is next Tuesday at Mod Pizza. Order online (code MODF8867) or mention Chambers PTA if you order in the restaurant.
● BelieveKids Fundraiser Item Pickup: The BelieveKids fundraiser item and prize pickup will be on September 29 from 300pm to 700pm at the gym. You can drive to the back and park by the first door. We will be right inside. The items are organized by a child (not the person who purchased the item). Please check your email from email@example.com for a summary of purchases. You will be responsible for checking if anyone purchased frozen items or delivered to the school (login to your dashboard at shopfund.com). We do not have access to this information for privacy reasons. Please find a way to get your items during this time. If you have a hardship and cannot get to the school during this time please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also looking for volunteers to help pass out the items. Email email@example.com if you are interested in helping. Even 30 minutes will help!!!
● Multicultural Virtual Cooking Event: Sunday, December 11 th , 2022 at 11:00 AM: Chambers Primary PTA invites you to attend the first Virtual Cooking event. Please join us in watching and following along with Dijana cooking her family's favorite Vegan Butternut Squash soup (which can also be made with meat). As we wait for the vegetables to cook in the oven, we will learn about Dijana’s family’s culture and read stories. We will have special guests from Ms. Van Soest as she plays music. Once the vegetables are done roasting, we will be ready to assemble the soup! You will be able to watch the live feed, or an email will be sent out to those registered with a recording of the event. We will also post the recording of the event on the Facebook Chambers PTA page https://www.facebook.com/ChambersPrimaryPTSA Please let call Ms. Quay at Chambers 253-566-5650 if you need any help with the cost of ingredients and the PTA will get them to you. Google Meet joining info Video call link: https://meet.google.com/yjz-hyax-ngm Or dial: (US) +1 601-398-9964 PIN: 728 284 819#
● Science Club Update: The Science Club signups are closed because we have a good student-to-adult volunteer ratio. For families that did sign up, we apologize for the mix-up on the start date and we appreciate your patience. We are all volunteers!! The official start date is November 29. Taeler Morgan (Science Club Chair) will be reaching out with more information. If you have immediate questions contact Taeler at firstname.lastname@example.org
● Midwinter Revels: We wanted to invite you to Join Chambers Primary PTA for an afternoon show of The Midwinter Revels on Sunday, December 18 th at 1:00pm. Expect music, stories, dancing, singing, celebration... Revels! This is not an official school event, but a fun way to get together. Set in 19th century Mexico - a swirling spirited celebration, a joyful, colorful, funny, tender, and magical event for all ages. Tickets can be purchased on their website. For families that want to go but need help with the cost of tickets, we have about 30 tickets that have been donated by the Revels. Please contact Ms. Quay at Chambers Primary at 253-566-5650 and request how many tickets you need for your family. The link to purchase tickets is below. If another night works for you, please do not feel obligated to choose the time we selected! Puget Sound Revels present The Midwinter Revels - Tacoma Arts Live